news reader cannot see articles

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 26 19:52:11 EST 2007

Howard Yuen <howard.yuen at tumbleweed.com> writes:

> Nothing!
> 200 tumbleweed.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting
> ok).
> MODE READER
> 200 tumbleweed.com InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.4.1 ready (posting
> ok).
> GROUP weed.pso.paypal
> 211 0 0 0 weed.pso.paypal
> XHDR Message-ID 1-108
> 221 Message-ID no matches follow (NOV)
> .

You can rebuild the overview for a single newsgroup, provided that you're
using tradindexed for overview and tradspool for storage, with the
command:

    tdx-util -R /path/to/spool/directory/for/group -n newsgroup.name

That's the next thing I'd try.  See if that creates overview for the group
correctly, or if it gives you any helpful error messages.

This newsgroup was added via ctlinnd, right?