Support of files/raw partitions > 4Gb

Kirill Berezin kyb at online.ru
Mon Feb 12 10:09:28 EST 2007

There is problem with the size of field blocknumber of OVINDEX structure
while mapping a memory for writing/reading headers. Current size of
blocknumber is unsigned int and it seems enough to store a number of
blocks, but when we multiply this by OV_BLOCKSIZE we get a wrong result
for buffers with more than 500000 blocks.  I suggest a  macro  to
encapsulate a calculation of a block offset or use off_t instead of
unsigned int in blocknumber declaration. I used a macro. Innd started 4
days ago, today about 1,5 million indexes in use, 4 raw partitions 14Gb
each, no warning or errors.
kirill