[radvd-devel-l] IPv6 Network prefixes

radvd-devel-l@litech.org radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:06:01 +0530

Hello,

I have some Queries regarding IPv6 Network Prefixes advertised by routers
using radvd:

1) As in each link the prefixes advertised will be different from ech
other, and suppose I have one network prefix with me.           Then how is
it possible to know on which link the prefix was advertised ?

2)  How to differentiate between network prefixes advertised on different
links ? I mean, How one link is differentiated with another based on the
prefixes advertised by routers on those links?

3) How the TLA, NLA , SLA are formed in the prefixes ? How the prefixes are
formed based on those ids ? Is those ids are unique for a link then How
different prefixes are formed based on those ids ?

Actually i am little bit confused regarding the network prefixes, and stuck
up in my work. Please anybody can give light on those areas.

Thank u,
regds ,
Sourajeet...