[radvd-devel-l] Question on NDP

Pedro Martínez radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:10:52 +0100

I don't know if this is the right place to ask about some aspects
related to the Neighbor Discovery Protocol. Actually, this is the
closest thing I have been able to find. If you think this list is not
suitable enough, please indicate me where I should address my doubts.

I have a problem to solve. This problem is that I need to know the MAC
addresses of all of my neighbors by sending a single message. I though
of NDP as a possible solution. I thought that by sending the Neighbor
solicitation to the multicast group
{0xff,0x02,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1} would be enough, but it isn't
so. My idea was sending this message to the multicast address and the
sender would receive an answer by every neighbor receiving its request.

Can you help me with this?. Do you know any other solution to my problem?