[radvd-devel-l] Re: radvd-devel-l digest, Vol 1 #41 - 5 msgs

radvd-devel-l@litech.org radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:44:24 +0530

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:44:52 +0200 (CEST)
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_L=F6fkvist?= <e97_pel@e.kth.se>
To: radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Subject: [radvd-devel-l] default route problems

Hi guys
I'm trying to set a MIPv6 home agent. The home agent is NOT to be the
gateway of the network by just a node like all else. My problem is when I
start
radvd, the default route(which is pointing to the correct GW) on the home
agent disappears. I've set conf/all/forwarding =1.
My /etc/radvd.conf is:

Is my conf file wrong or it something else? Help much appreciated.

/Peter

Hi,

If u have set the forwarding "on", then it wont configure the default
route. U have to manually add the default route using the following command
-

route add -A inet6 ::/0 gw <default gateway address> dev eth0

-- Sourajeet

Sourajeet Mohanty
Software Engineer
Communications and Embedded Systems