[radvd-devel-l] Debian Bug #279864

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Dec 15 02:16:18 EST 2004

Hi,

Sorry for delay in responding.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> I got a bug report [0] with an attached patch. I'm not really sure how
> to deal with this, since IMHO, the patch shouldn't affect behaviour in
> any way (see also my comments in the bug report). Any hints?
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=279864

I debugged this a bit.  I created an interface name 'longtunnelname0'
and enabled radvd on it.  /proc/net/if_inet6 looks a bit odd, but
radvd works on that interface just fine without any modifications.
I tested this on 2.4.20 kernel though.  I don't think it matters, but
in theory it might..

Therefore I don't think this is a real bug here; it may be a bug
somewhere else.  More info will be needed to be able reproduce the
problem.  I'd suggest trying to run 'radvd -m stderr -d 20' to see
whether there are any particular debug messages, and if the problem
persists, copy /proc/net/if_inet6 in the bug report as well.