[radvd-devel-l] losing default route

Tomasz Grobelny tomasz at grobelny.oswiecenia.net
Wed Jul 20 12:39:04 EDT 2005

In my small LAN I have Linux-based IPv6 router running radvd. When I turn on
my home computer it is assigned IPv6 address and default route. After some
time though (depends on MaxRtrAdvInterval setting in radvd.conf) my computer
looses default route. If such a situation happens two workarounds are
available: either restart radvd on router (/etc/rc.d/init.d/radvd restart) or
network on client (/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart). How can I debug if this
is client's or router's fault?

Tomek