[radvd-devel-l] How do I configure multiple interfaces in radvd?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Mar 29 10:22:53 EST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Pekka Savola wrote:
> [Mar 29 14:04:31] radvd: MinRtrAdvInterval must be between 3 and 2 for eth0
> [Mar 29 14:04:31] radvd: MaxRtrAdvInterval must be between 4 and 1800 for
> eth0

Hmm.  The first line is very confusing, and even wrong.

I got around, and cleaned up interface.c sanity checks and printing a
lot.  With the current CVS code, the error message will be something
like:

[Mar 29 18:17:36] radvd: MinRtrAdvInterval for eth0 (1.00) must be at least 3.00 but no more than 3/4 of MaxRtrAdvInterval (2.25)
[Mar 29 18:17:36] radvd: MaxRtrAdvInterval for eth0 (3.00) must be between 4.00 and 1800

This should be much more informative; I also did similar for the rest
of the error messages.

In the process I noticed that AdvDefaultLifetime does not work
properly (and never has, AFAICS) unless the user explicitly specified
MaxRtrAdvInterval.  I tried to debug this, but it's probably hidden
pretty deep in the interface initialization magic and various
cross-dependencies by macros in defaults.h.  If someone else wants to
do some investigation on this, feel free :)

I also merged a lot of MIPv6/non-MIPv6 checks so if someone using
MIPv6 extensions could check out that the CVS code still works
properly, it would be great.