[radvd-devel-l] Next radvd release pending,
testing/patches wanted :-)
pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Jun 9 07:54:25 EDT 2006
Next radvd maintenance release is pending in CVS. This would likely
get named 1.0. I'd welcome testing and/or sending patches which
should go in before a release. The release should probably happen
around the end of June.
Most important changes:
* Unblock SIGALRM signals at startup. Some scripts/programs
seem to run radvd from ALRM-blocked context which breaks
* Redefined IgnoreIfMissing: by default, radvd will now
try to reinitialize failed interfaces automatically.
IgnoreIfMissing is still needed if radvd is started when the
interface isn't up, and it also quenches some messages
relating to missing interfaces.
* Implement RDNSS draft, using non-allocated
IANA ND type value 25, by Lauréline Provost,
Mickaël Guérin, Adrien Clerc, Gaetan Eleouet,
Bahattin Demirplak, Lionel Guilmin (at the
* Fix the default STDERR+syslog logging methods, so
we don't try to unnecessarily log to STDERR after
* radvd-0.9.1 did not initialize AdvDefaultLifetime (etc.)
appropriately, unbreak the "clean-up".
Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
More information about the radvd-devel-l