[radvd-devel-l] RDNSS Option

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Mar 29 07:37:16 EST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Mickaël Guérin wrote:
> I'm still alive ;)
>
> I've completed the path.
> The parser has been modified so you can now use "RDNSS ip [ip] [ip] { ... }"
> syntax. I have also deleted the grouping of rdnss ip : it can be done in the
> configuration file by hand.
> (radvdump now supports the rdnss option)

Thanks a lot.  I've added this to the CVS.  I made some minor changes
and fixes, mainly to the documentation (e.g., the example used 'rdnss
ip ...' while the syntax was 'RDNSS ip ...'. (see attached.)

The only thing missing seems to be an implementation of this (if you
could patch this if it makes sense -- great; if not, I'll just take a
look at it myself) :

                                        Lifetime SHOULD be bounded as
                       follows:
                       MaxRtrAdvInterval<=Lifetime<=2*MaxRtrAdvInterval.

If you have some spare time, you might also consider submitting a
dissector (now or at a later phase, e.g., when the doc has been
approved for publication) to the tcpdump/ethereal communities.