[radvd-devel-l] RDNSS Option

Mickaël Guérin kael at withinthebox.net
Wed Mar 29 12:51:38 EST 2006

Pekka Savola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Mickaël Guérin wrote:
>> I'm still alive ;)
>>
>> I've completed the path.
>> The parser has been modified so you can now use "RDNSS ip [ip] [ip] {
>> ... }" syntax. I have also deleted the grouping of rdnss ip : it can
>> be done in the configuration file by hand.
>> (radvdump now supports the rdnss option)
>
> Thanks a lot.  I've added this to the CVS.  I made some minor changes
> and fixes, mainly to the documentation (e.g., the example used 'rdnss
> ip ...' while the syntax was 'RDNSS ip ...'. (see attached.)
>
> The only thing missing seems to be an implementation of this (if you
> could patch this if it makes sense -- great; if not, I'll just take a
> look at it myself) :
>
>                                        Lifetime SHOULD be bounded as
>                       follows:
>                       MaxRtrAdvInterval<=Lifetime<=2*MaxRtrAdvInterval.
>
> If you have some spare time, you might also consider submitting a
> dissector (now or at a later phase, e.g., when the doc has been
> approved for publication) to the tcpdump/ethereal communities.

Hi,

thanks a lot :)
i will path the lifetime value soon.

It's a good idea to have a dissector for ethereal, i'll do this in the
near future if I can.

Could you please replace my name in the CHANGES by "Lauréline Provost,
Mickaël Guérin, Adrien Clerc, Gaetan Eleouet, Bahattin Demirplak, Lionel
Guilmin (at the ENSEEIHT, Toulouse)", because it was a part of a project
at school done in group. :)

Mickaël.