[radvd-devel-l] RDNSS

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Nov 29 02:15:58 EST 2006

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
> I was just reading in the man page about radvd's RDNSS configuration
> settings.  I configured my radvd.conf as shown below, but my clients
> don't seem to take the information.  radvdump confirms that it is
> being sent, but the client's resolv.conf file does not get modified.
> Where can I find more information about RDNSS implementation in
> stateless autoconfiguration?  What do I need to do to get it
> working?

I don't know of an impementation.  The people who proposed the patch
at some point had something going on, and looking at "RDNSS
implementation" in Google shows that the authors of the I-D have an
implementation as they've written a paper on it.  I'd maybe ask the
RDNSS draft authors whether they have code to share but I doubt you
can get this to work out of the box at the moment.