[radvd-devel-l] RADVD compatibility with OLSR?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Dec 18 03:10:55 EST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, k k wrote:
> PC1 should advertise the /64 prefix to PC2 and PC3. The 3 PCs are in
> the same network and they can ping each other. Running radvd without
> OLSR, PC2 and PC3 were able to recieve the /64 prefix. However, when
> radvd was activated together with OLSR, PC2 and PC3 were NOT able to
> recieve the prefix.

This is probably because when Linux kernel is configured as a router,
it will ignore router advertisements radvd sends.  You can still see
the router advertisement received with tcpdump.  I guess you've
configured PC2 and PC3 as router.  There isn't a workaround for this.

What you can do is throw radvd away and manually configure all
routers.