[radvd-devel-l] Wildcard Interface Addresses

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Mon Feb 11 06:33:29 EST 2008

It would be useful to make radvd announce on all ppp interfaces (with
exceptions), so I'm not sure if this config format would work:

interface ppp0
{
       AdvSendAdvert off; // off is the default, so in fact you could remove
this entry and have a totally blank interface
};
interface ppp+
{
       AdvSendAdvert on;
       prefix 3ffe:1234:5678:9abc::/64
       {
               AdvOnLink on;
               AdvAutonomous on;
       };
};

The interface naming borrows from iptables (ppp+ matches ^ppp.*$) an
alternative would be to use regex in the config file. First interface name
matched 'wins'. Idealy radvd should automagically noticed when new ppp
interfaces appear and disappear and start using them (much like
IgnoreIfMissing works), although I'm happy with SIGHUP notifications too.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za
- Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/