[radvd-devel-l] Disable deleting the default router when stopping the radvd daemon - is it possible ?

Ian Brown ianbrn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 09:12:06 EDT 2008

hi,

When I start radvd , and AdvDefaultLifetime is not zero in
/etc/radvd.conf, it adds the machine on which radvd runs as a default
router to the hosts receving the Router Advertisements.
I noticed that when I stop the radvd daemon, a router
advertisment message is sent with a router lifetime of 0
in it and this cause the default router to be deleted.

Is there a way to config radvd.conf to disable deleting the default router
when I stop
the radvd service ? I know that it is usually not needed to stop
the radvd service, but still I was wondeing.

Regards,
Ian