[radvd-devel-l] can't join ipv6-allrouters on (Cannot allocate memory) on 285th interface

Norman Rasmussen norman at rasmussen.co.za
Thu Apr 2 05:16:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:35 AM, Dan White <dwhite at olp.net> wrote:

> That works. I'm running two instances [...]
> radvdump shows advertisements from both daemons existing the system.

excellent.

> Do you think this is indicative of a kernel memory problem? If so, I'll
> persue this on the netdev list.

There's obviously some sort of per-process limit on the number of
setsockopts that can be performed (probably because of some memory limit on
the amount of data that can be allocated).  I think one of the kernel
network lists would be able to help more than this list.

--
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za
- Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za