[radvd-devel-l] localtime() call problem

LiKai likai_whu at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 01:57:37 EDT 2009

Hi,

I did a quick search in radvd code and found several places in vlog(), where localtime() is used.

I have a rough understanding about this call: it is not a reentrant call, which means it is not supposed to be used in signal handling context.

vlog() call is used to print log in different methods, and localtime() is called to format time stamp in log. It can be called in both normal application context and signal handling context, which maybe will cause deadlock.

Is this a problem? Please help to point it out, if I have any misunderstanding here.

Please refer to this post for more information:

Thanks,

Victor