[radvd-devel-l] mdelay

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Dec 29 01:29:44 EST 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Reuben Hawkins wrote:
> Understood.  mdelay calls select with no files and just a wait time.
> This pauses execution for the whole process during the delay.  Would
> it be better to schedule a new RA on that interface msecs in the
> future rather than block the whole process?

I agree that would be a better approach if it can be done cleanly.
If you or someone else has interest to produce a patch, I'd be glad to
apply it :-)

In fact, now that I look at the code, I recall that mdelay was called
unconditionally some years back on all code paths, now it's used only
with UnicastOnly feature (mainly ISATAP).  Otherwise the timer is
rescheduled, but the result is effectively the same (just no
blocking).  'clients' feature does not include any delay; you could
argue it's not following the spirit of the spec but this is
out-of-the-spec feature anyway so...