[radvd-devel-l] radvd stuck on linux 2.6.31+

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Sep 28 08:01:45 EDT 2009

There are a couple of odd messages here:

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Steven J Newbury wrote:
> eater ~ # radvd -C /etc/radvd.conf -u radvd -d 5 -m stderr
> [Sep 28 12:23:04] radvd: version 1.5 started
> [Sep 28 12:23:04] radvd: interface wlan0 did not exist, ignoring the interface
> [Sep 28 12:23:04] radvd: no linklocal address configured for wlan0
> [Sep 28 12:23:04] radvd: interface definition for wlan0 is ok
> [Sep 28 12:23:04] radvd: interface eth0 did not exist, ignoring the interface

First, it's complaining that wlan0 does not exist.  What does it look
like with '/sbin/ifconfig wlan0'?  The flags should should be UP,
BROADCAST, RUNNING, MULTICAST unless something changed, and a
link-local address should exist.  One speculation wrt changing is that
the ioctl interface and RUNNING flag definition could have changed,
causing userspace-kernel mismatch.

I'm also wondering why it's reporting about other interfaces here.  Do
you also have them configured on radvd.conf and omitted this for
brevity or is radvd picking them up from somewhere else?