[radvd-devel-l] radvd stuck on linux 2.6.31+

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Sep 28 09:32:45 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Steven J Newbury wrote:
> Okay, I'm not getting any unsolicited RA broadcasts with the new kernel.
> Also, devices configured IgnoreIfMissing are still ignored even after
> they come up and have a valid link-local address unless radvd is
> restarted. (Tested the latter with my OpenVPN tunnel.)

I note that you don't have {Min,Max}RtrAdvInterval configured.  It
will take at least this long (the default value) for radvd to detect
the link has come back up, and possibly the next cycle before it's
done reactivating the interface.  Make sure that this is not skewing
your test results.

Could you run a debug output with only one interface configured and
above in mind?

By restarting radvd, do you mean a complete restart or sending HUP
signal?  The latter should be enough but the code paths are different.