[radvd-devel-l] DecrementLifetimes option

Mark Smith radvd at 02a76c927861ca7413a122f2a73a0d37.nosense.org
Wed Apr 6 08:16:29 EDT 2011

Hi Reuben,

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 07:30:16 -0700
Reuben Hawkins <reubenhwk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> It looks like everything is working.  I applied the patch.  If you would
> like to submit another patch with a some logging, I'll apply it too.

Happy to do that.

>  I'd
> like to see in the logs, with dlog(LOG_DEBUG, 4,... ), the updated current
> and valid lifetimes with the prefix text

Just to make sure I'm doing the right thing, when the prefix(es)
lifetimes' are reset back to their initial values due to a SIGUSR1,
you'd like a debug message something like -

Prefix 2001:db8:0:1::/64: Preferred Lifetime reset to 86400, Valid
Lifetime reset to 14400

> and with dlog(LOG_DEBUG, 3,... ),
> when the prefix times out.

and something like -

Prefix 2001:db8:0:1::/64 will cease to be advertised due to 0 second
Preferred Lifetime

> Check CVS to make sure you patch applied correctly.

I've done that, it all looks good.

Regards,
Mark.