[radvd-devel-l] debugging but still forking

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 19:43:42 EST 2011

2011/12/21 Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz <arekm at maven.pl>:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to log debug radvd output (to syslog) but still get it
> daemonize.  Right now it's not possible with typical scripts:
>
> " If a debugging level greater than 0 is used, radvd doesn’t
> background itself on start."
>
> and now I see --nodaemon was introduced in git, so maybe changing behaviour of
> "-d" to daemonize unless --nodaemon is passed makes sense?

I'm not 100% sure.  I think it does make sense.  This unties debug
level from daemonize....no real reason why debug level should affect
daemonize.  The only problem is that it is a change in behavior (which
is OK as long as it's undoing bad behavior)....however, it seems like
this change would only really affect developers and I think they can
cope with a behavioral change like that.

Feel free to submit a patch.  I'll review and commit...