[radvd-devel-l] Advertise different router?

STARNES, CURTIS Curtis.Starnes at granburyisd.org
Wed Jun 1 09:20:18 EDT 2011

In your Cisco router make sure the 'M' and 'O' flags are both set.

ipv6 nd managed-config-flag
ipv6 nd other-config-flag

The managed-config-flag - 'M' flag tells the router to use a DHCP server.
The other-config-flag - 'O' flag tells the router to send the "Other" DHCP configuration options set in the DHCP scope, including the DNS servers.

If you use radvd to send out the advertisements, then the RA's will originate from the radvd box and then the clients will believe that the radvd box is the router.

I am running the M and O flags set in our Cisco sup720/msfc3 core to deliver the RDNSS information in the DHCP packets.
I am also using the ipv6 dhcp relay destination command in the above Cisco config to request ipv6 DHCP addresses across VLAN's.

Curtis