[radvd-devel-l] RemoveRDNSS option

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Mar 22 02:26:21 EDT 2011

On Tue, 22 Mar 2011, Mark Smith wrote:
> Another Remove option, this time to remove RDNSS entries from
> end-nodes' lists of RDNSS servers upon shutdown. Manual page text -

As a general comment, maybe these options should be named like
"FlushRDNSS" instead of "Remove".  That might set the expectations
closer to "remove stale entries".

I'm also wondering if these could be the only supported behaviour,
i.e., is a toggle needed at all.  Is it feasible that someone would
want to turn this off?  Maybe in a scenario with multiple advertising
routers, but even then it's maybe not a problem.

Or, is there a case where some of these would be On and others Off?
Maybe "FlushAdvertisementsOnExit On/Off" (or whatever) could do
everything with just one toggle?