[radvd-devel-l] radvdump not seeing RAs

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Sun May 20 02:03:55 EDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Warren Steffen <wsteffen at comcast.net> wrote:
> I am connected to Comcast ISP through a Motorola SB6120 cable modem. TCPDUMP
> shows that are RAs on on the ethernet port of the modem. However radvdump
> does
> not show them. Am I missing something or doing something wrong?
>
> W. Steffen

Hi W.Steffen,

I'm not sure.  I suggest trying to figure out exactly what it is
you're seeing in TCPDUMP, or debugging radvdump.

Do you get an autoconfigured IPv6 address?  If you're not, and you're
not seeing anything on radvdump, I would think that TCPDUMP is showing
incorrect info.

You *may* be seeing IPv6 solicitations, not advertisements, in
TCPDUMP, but that's just a guess.

Thanks,
Reuben