[radvd-devel-l] radvd testing on tuntap

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:12:45 EST 2013

Does anybody know how to create a tun/tap interface on which RADVD can be
tested?

I'd like to create some tests and I'm thinking that creating a virtual
network interface on which RADVD will advertise and listen would be the
best way to test, but I don't have any experience creating virtual
interfaces.  Any pointer to get me started would be very helpful.

My setup will be as follows...

1) Create virtual interface(s)
2) point RADVD to this interface(s) in radvd.conf
3) write some tests to connect to the other end of the interface and send
solicitations to radvd to test out as many radvd configurations, features
and behaviors as possible.

Thanks in advance,
Reuben