[spook-l] new version of libdc1394-9 in debian breaks spook/coriander

Jeff Bowden jlb at houseofdistraction.com
Thu Jun 10 16:56:01 EDT 2004

Just a heads up for debian users.  The new libdc1394-9 has an
incompatible API/ABI change:  dc1394_dma_setup_capture and
dc1394_dma_setup_format7_capture have a new int parameter called
'do_extra_buffering'.  Not sure what it does but fixing up the calls in
coriander by passing either 1 or 0 didn't seem to make it work so I
suspect the same will be true of spook.

libdc1394/testing still works fine though.

I filed a bug against the coriander debian package.