[spook-l] Problem with endianness of sound? (btaudio)

toongrab at warpmail.net toongrab at warpmail.net
Fri Aug 26 22:51:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

Thank you for the nice work on spook.

I have one slight problem. I try to send audio over my LAN, to watch tv
in another room.
I'm using the raw audio stream, which I grab from the digital dsp device
provided by the
btaudio driver (= the audio device for my Hauppauge WinTV card).

The video stream shows up perfectly, but for audio, I hear just white
noise. Is it
possible that the endianness of the samples is incorrect? In what
direction should
I look?

In vlc at the other side, the stream info is correct (33200hz, 16 bit, 2
channels).

Thank you in advance.
Kind regards,
Jonas