[spook-l] Spook and ARM-Linux

Ioannis Skazikis iskaz at intracom.gr
Tue Jun 28 08:34:08 EDT 2005

First of all I want to report that spook runs fine under an ARM - Linux
Architecture platform running a kind of a debian - Familiar linux Distro
(2.4.17 Kernel) with a Philips USB webcam.
The only trouble was to change the Makefile in order to do the cross
compilation.But at the end it worked!

With the Creative USB WebCam (Notebook) cammera (module name spca5xx.o) it is
complaning that spook can not set the framerate and stops running.

With the Logitechs QuickCam USB (module name quickcam.o (from the
qc-usb-messanger src driver package)) it says that v4l error setting pallete
parameters (Yes, I saw the report on the last mailing list) and stops
running.

If the system (ARM-Linux PDA) runs to many applications, spook doesnt crass,
stills running with a continusly frame drop message output. But wenn I stop
everything else, that means all the cpu power can use spook, why stills
dropping the frames? Is a way to tell spook stop frame dropping, now you can
continue normally?

Can you eventually, if you have time, to explain me the errors of the others
webcams?Maybe I can help you to debug the errors.

Because I can not acces your cvs, can you put a cvs.tar.gz under your Spooks
homepage?

Generally I found Spook a small, simple but usefull application.
Nice work!!!

Sorry about my bad englisch!!!!!