[spook-l] Features and bugfix request

Vladimir Lasky Vladimir.Lasky at eng.uts.edu.au
Mon Nov 7 08:28:46 EST 2005

G'day Nathan,

I have some questions regarding features and bugfixes:

1. How hard would it be to implement an option to allow the image to be rotated
90 degrees clockwise/counterclockwise, i.e. so you could transmit a
portrait view rather than a landscape view.

We are now monitoring a water tank and the portrait view would give a better
view.

2. Some users are really being put off by the dirty-looking green inter-frames
that are visible for the first 10 seconds when viewing a video stream using
Quicktime. Is it possible to fix this, perhaps as simply as waiting until the
next complete keyframe is ready before commencing streaming?

3. I have noticed that spook generates a Floating point exception if you run it
without all your configured hardware connected e.g. When spook.conf has three
cameras configured, but only two are connected at the time spook is executed.

4. The IEEE 1394 for Linux people (www.linux1394.org) state that kernel 2.6.12
to be the first stable firewire release and that many issues that generated
warning messages in the past have now been resolved. Perhaps it's worth
advising people to use versions from this one onwards?

Regards, Vlad.

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If