[spook-l] How to using raw (VIDEO_PALETTE_RGB24)

Sam H. samho at wview.com.tw
Mon Apr 10 03:44:44 EDT 2006

Hi,
     I got a Zoran-based camera, and I can use driver from [1] to make it
work with xawtv.
But the driver only support V4L version-1 and do not support VIDIOCSPICT
ioctl() command.
The driver only supports VIDEO_PALETTE_RGB24, VIDEO_PALETTE_JPEG (I do not
test yet).
I can not get any detail document about the driver or hardware (USB
commands),
so I can only modify spook to make it work.

1. I comment input_v4l.c:v4l_setup() to not yo call ioctl() with VIDIOCSPICT
    to set format as VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV420P.
2. I modify input_v4l.c:capture_loop() to call ioctl() with VIDIOCMCAPTURE
and format
    VIDEO_PALETTE_RGB24
3. I add "rgb24_yuv420p(conf->mmap_buf + conf->vm.offsets[cur_buf],
f->width, f->height);"
    before  input_v4l.c:capture_loop() call copy_yuv420p_to_uyvy().

Even it work, but the performance is not good when I use VLC to connect rtsp
(MPEG4) streaming.

How can I make it work with VIDEO_PALETTE_RGB24 raw data?

Best regards,
H.

[1] Zoran 364xx based USB webcam module version 0.62
      site: http://royale.zerezo.com/zr364xx/