[radvd-devel-l] radvd on dynamically created interfaces

Pekka Savola radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:23:36 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Vincent Jardin wrote:
> > > radvd could listen on one of the following Kernel's messages:
> > >
> > >  Linux:: - RTM_NEWLINK when an interface is added
> > >            - RTM_DELLINK., otherwise
> > >              (Netlink's API)
> >
> > Yeah, I've been meaning to add Netlink support for quite some time now,
> > but unfortunately the API is too cryptic for me to figure out.  If
> > somebody would like to contribute it, we would certainly accept it, but
> > it's not something I'm actively working on.  -Nathan
>
> Humm. I have written this patch today. I did not test it deeply, however it
> looks to work between my 2 Linux. I still need to write the frame work of the
> BSD case, but I do not know if I could find time to test it with a BSD OS
> because I do not have any at home yet.
>
> Tell me if you have any issue with this patch that is based on the CURRENT
> CVS repository.

I didn't look at it except for a glance, but:

 - could you use unidiff format?
 - could the modifications be in under BSD (preferably without advertising
clause) license, because the rest of radvd is under BSD.