[radvd-devel-l] Re: radvd-devel-l digest, Vol 1 #31 - 2 msgs

Pekka Savola radvd-devel-l@litech.org
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:06:16 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 Sourajeet.Mohanty@lntinfotech.com wrote:
> What prefixes shall I advertise on eth0 & eth1 so that i can form two
> different networks on those interfaces ?
> Suppose i am advertising the following prefixes:
> eth0:
>      3ffe::1/64
>      3ffe::2/64
>      3ffe::3/64
> eth1:
>      3fee::1/64
>      3fee::2/64
>      3fee::3/64
> Does those two set of prefixes make two different network ??
> If not then what shall i advertise to make them different ??
>
> Could u please guide me how to form network prefixes for two different
> networks ??

I really don't get your point, perhaps because this is natural to me.

3ffe::1 is an address, not a prefix.  3ffe::{1,2,3}/64 are all part of one
prefix.

You could do e.g.:

eth0:
   3ffe:ffff:0:1::/64