[radvd-devel-l] problem with radvd

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Aug 11 14:12:50 EDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, Laliace Bougnat wrote:
> I hope it's the right mailing list for this...
> I have an IPv6/MIPv6 testbed. I have installed radvd0.7.3 on a PC running
> under ubuntu breezy with the 2.6.16 kernel. It acts as a home agent
> I launch radvd with a simple configuration (only one interface with Home
> Agent flag on).
> I fire up ethereal to see the router advertisements. All is fine, I see the
> Ra coming from the HA. But after one/two hours, radvd seems to be working but
> there are no more Ra captured by ethereal.
>
> Is there someone who had the same problem?

Try radvd 0.9.1 and see if it fixes your problem.  This issue may be
related to timers.  Other possibility is that the interface goes down
and comes back up (and then radvd ceases advertising on that
interface, sending SIGHUP helps).  This has been fixed in CVS HEAD,
but there has been no official release.  You may test if
http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/linux/radvd-1.0rc1.tar.gz works for you.