[radvd-devel-l] Building the radvd from source rpm for fc8

Andy Johnson johnsonzjo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 05:34:38 EDT 2008

Hello,

A question about building the radvd from source rpm:

It could be that I make here some silly error, as I don't have much
knowledge about installing from source rpms; however, I must add that
had done the same process with other source rpms (from RedHatfc8) and
it was ok.

Here is what I did:
I have an FC8 machine ; radvd is not installed on it.

first , downloaded the source rpm: radvd-1.0-5.fc8.src.rpm
then
    rpm -ivh radvd-1.0-5.fc8.src.rpm
    cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/
    rpmbuild -bp radvd.spec
    cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/radvd-1.0/
    ./configure && make && make install

All went well.

But, I expected to see, at the end ,
 an init file (/etc/init.d/radvd) and a folder (/var/run/radvd/) and
 a conf file (/etc/radvd.conf), and more; None of these were created.
 On a different machine where
 I installed from rpm (not source rpm) all these files were created.

 A brief look at the .spec file shows that these files should have been created.

 Am I missing something ?
 Any ideas?

 Any advice will be much appreciated,

 Regards,