[radvd-devel-l] radvd stuck on linux 2.6.31+

Steven J Newbury steve at snewbury.org.uk
Mon Sep 28 04:19:24 EDT 2009

Having just upgraded my kernel to 2.6.31, I've found radvd now only
sends a RA on startup, then again on exit, the rest of the time is spent
sleeping, apparently waiting on a fd.  It's also not responding to
solicited requests while stuck in this state.

I was previously running with working IPv6 routing on 2.6.29-rc6.

The server is running radvd version 1.5, it was previously running 1.2,
but I upgraded to see if it fixed the problem.

This is from my client (on startup of radvd):
> #
> # radvd configuration generated by radvdump 1.2
> # based on Router Advertisement from fe80::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx
> # received by interface wlan0
> #
>
> interface wlan0
> {
> 	AdvSendAdvert on;
> 	# Note: {Min,Max}RtrAdvInterval cannot be obtained with radvdump
> 	AdvManagedFlag on;
> 	AdvOtherConfigFlag on;
> 	AdvReachableTime 0;
> 	AdvRetransTimer 0;
> 	AdvCurHopLimit 64;
> 	AdvDefaultLifetime 0;
> 	AdvHomeAgentFlag off;
> 	AdvDefaultPreference medium;
> 	AdvSourceLLAddress on;
>
> 	prefix 2a01:xxxx:xxxx::/64
> 	{
> 		AdvValidLifetime 86400;
> 		AdvPreferredLifetime 14400;
> 		AdvOnLink on;
> 		AdvAutonomous on;
> 		AdvRouterAddr on;
> 	}; # End of prefix definition
>

> 	RDNSS 2a01:xxxx:xxxx:53::1
> 	{
> 		AdvRDNSSPreference 12;
> 		AdvRDNSSOpen on;
> 		AdvRDNSSLifetime 600;
> 	}; # End of RDNSS definition
>
> }; # End of interface definition

The only other significant change to my system is enabling
CONFIG_IP_MULTIPLE_TABLES.