[radvd-devel-l] NDP proxy for a subnet : radvd can help ?

Thibault VINCENT tibal at reloaded.fr
Tue Mar 23 21:59:42 EDT 2010

> Have you taken a look at the proxy_ndp sysctl in latest Linux kernels? I
> wonder if it would be doing what you want.

Being stuck with Linux 2.6.26 because of Xen, I didn't had the
opportunity to test this feature with lastest kernels.
Actually proxy_ndp is what currently does the job for individual
addresses, but in my experience the kernel will only advertise
neibourghs you tell it to. With /sbin/ip it's impossible to add a subnet
as a neibourgh, and anyway  this feature is not so well supported : you
can't see the list of IP that were added to the list, and when changing
too many sysctl it may stop working.

> This seems like something that does not belong in radvd.

Ok. radvd must have usefull bits of code to build a dirty ndp proxy
daemon. I'll see what I can do.

thanks

--
Thibault VINCENT <tibal at reloaded.fr>