[radvd-devel-l] PATCH: Print errors upon exit.

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Nov 24 00:33:56 EST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Ben Greear wrote:
> This patch attempts to print/log useful information for each
> of the exit paths in radvd.  This can help with debugging strange
> problems.
>
> You'll need to apply the patch with -p2 as it is from code copied into
> my git repository.

Thanks for the patch.  I could integrate something like this in CVS.

However, I'm at a bit of loss with what to do with radvd.  On one
hand, Reuben's "serialized radvd" tree is a stability improvement, but
it has not been conformance tested and I'd be loath to release a
significantly revised version without it.  The current versions are
known to produce conforming external behaviour but there are some
cornercases when stability is an issue.  I'm not sure if I want to
release new versions of existing radvd unless there are enough or
urgent issues to fix. If someone was able to run ran comformance test
suites on Reuben's tree, it might be a good basis to release radvd-2.0
and follow-up work.