[radvd-devel-l] PATCH: Print errors upon exit.

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 14:33:00 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 9:33 PM, Pekka Savola <pekkas at netcore.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010, Ben Greear wrote:
>>
>> This patch attempts to print/log useful information for each
>> of the exit paths in radvd.  This can help with debugging strange
>> problems.
>>
>> You'll need to apply the patch with -p2 as it is from code copied into
>> my git repository.
>
> Thanks for the patch.  I could integrate something like this in CVS.
>
> However, I'm at a bit of loss with what to do with radvd.  On one hand,
> Reuben's "serialized radvd" tree is a stability improvement, but it has not
> been conformance tested and I'd be loath to release a significantly revised
> version without it.  The current versions are known to produce conforming
> external behaviour but there are some cornercases when stability is an
> issue.  I'm not sure if I want to release new versions of existing radvd
> unless there are enough or urgent issues to fix. If someone was able to run
> ran comformance test suites on Reuben's tree, it might be a good basis to
> release radvd-2.0 and follow-up work.
>
> --
> Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
> Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
>
> --

Hi,

Anyone interested in running conformance tests on my sources, please
use the attached or clone my git repository here:
git://gitorious.org/radvd-hacks/radvd-hacks.git

The reason to call this 2.x rather than 1.x (for anybody who hasn't
been following) is I've removed the timer code and I'm relying on poll
to respond to request.  The timing is handled by the OS when using
poll.  The timers were responsible for a number of race conditions and
segfaults.

There are a number of other changes in my sources as well, but nothing
as significant as the timer rewrite.

Thanks,
Reuben