[radvd-devel-l] poor man's routing daemon (was: Multiple radvds in a local network)

Lukasz Stelmach stlman at poczta.fm
Sat Aug 20 06:29:27 EDT 2011

W dniu 19.08.2011 18:14, Sergei Zhirikov pisze:

> Router advertisements are meant for hosts for stateless
> auto-configuration (i.e. for IP address assignment). They are not
> meant for other routers. They are not meant to distribute routing
> information. Router advertisement is not a routing protocol (it's
> router, not routing advertisement) and radvd is not a routing daemon.

But... is there any way to control radvd depending on uplink
availability? I've got two networks each with a single IPv6 uplink
tunnel and I would like radvd to stop sending advertisments (or start
sending ones with zero times) when the tunnels stop working. It's
definitely routing daemon's job but in setups like these radvd is a de
facto poor man's routing daemon.

--
Było mi bardzo miło.               Czwarta pospolita klęska, [...]