[radvd-devel-l] radvd 1.8.4rc1 for testing

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:46:48 EST 2012

Hi radvd developers,

Please give the attached radvd a try.  I'll be releasing this next
week unless anybody finds problems.

This release fixes some issues with privsep.  This release also makes
privsep on linux the only code path.  Your radvd will always fork on
linux and call through to privsep_interface_* for linkmtu, curhlim,
reachtime, etc...  Functionally, privsep should be no different from
non-privsep.  I've made it always enabled for simpler and more
complete testing.  BSD systems never did privsep so there should only
be minor changes in logging output on BSD.

Another minor enhancement is that the contents of radvd.pid are
validated via regexec.  I ran into an issue where radvd.pid was empty,
but its existence prevented radvd from starting.

Also the command line option nodaemon has been added.

Let us know if you find any problems.

Thanks in advance,
Reuben