[radvd-devel-l] radvd wrongly sends all subnets from all interfaces to the first interface

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:45:55 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Paul Oranje <p.oranje at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Couldn't be the cause that the eth0.2 interface (presumed to be 802.1q) is configured with same IP (v6 autoconfigured ) as eth0 because those interfaces share the same MAC address?

It may be, but I don't think so.  sendmsg sends the message out based
on if_index (as far as I understand how it works).  I don't know
anything about how VLAN works at the socket level.  Right now the only
thing I have to go on is VLAN tagging and some kind of auxdata (which
I still haven't studied yet so I may be way off) and using a PF_PACKET
socket.  I think it's going to be a lot of changes...