[radvd-devel-l] Removing the CHANGES file

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at sunsite.dk
Wed Jun 20 04:07:50 EDT 2012

>>>>> "Petr" == Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> writes:

Hi,

 Petr> It's the only changelog available from tar ball. So the file
 Petr> should be distributed in tar balls. Whether you write it manually
 Petr> or generate from git log is up to you. However in my opinion the
 Petr> git log usually contains too much developement stuff making the
 Petr> changelog not understandable for a user.

 Petr> I think writing some summary into CHANGES before new release and
 Petr> pointing the web page change list to git web interface is the
 Petr> best way. At least I do so in my projects.

Me too, I agree.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard