[radvd-devel-l] radvd wrongly sends all subnets from all interfaces to the first interface

Reuben Hawkins reubenhwk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 10:13:57 EDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 01:19 AM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With the attached radvd.conf it seems to send all the subnets from all
> interfaces to the first interface (eth0). radvdump log from a machine in the
> eth0 segment is attached. Seems to me either a logic problem with radvd, or
> maybe a VLAN issue. This same interface is configured on the server both as
> some VLANs and also used untagged.

Is this the bug where a prefix for interface Y is send out on interface X?

I'm not sure what's happening here.  I added a debug message which
verifies the interface before sending a packet and it appears to be
working correctly, but isn't.  I haven't been able to figure out if this
is some kind of bug with sendmsg or if radvd is just using it incorrectly.

I have noticed that the bug is present in older versions of radvd.  Does
anybody care to test this on older versions of Linux or maybe on BSD to
see if the bug is there too?