[radvd-devel-l] Adding local interface to clients list

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Sep 20 11:56:26 EDT 2017

Hi,

I have a x86_64 server acting as a router for my network.

eth0 - Internet with /64 IPv6 prefix provided through DHCP.
eth1 - Local network

I initially had RADVD configured to provide the /64 prefix the ISP provided to all
clients on my network. However, it turns out that the Chromecast device does not
support IPv6 and casting will not work with some applications. I wanted to use the
"clients" block in radvd.conf to specify every device except for the Chromecast
(aside, it would be nice if an option was made to make it a blacklist instead of a
whitelist). I found that the eth1 device will not obtain/set an IPv6 address if I
use a "clients" block, even when I list the fe80: address of eth1.

How can I get eth1 to configure using a clients list? Is something like I'm trying
to do supported?

Thanks,
Michael