[radvd-devel-l] New maintainership, ongoing reviews & new contributors welcomed

Robin H. Johnson robbat2 at gentoo.org
Sat Jan 30 00:40:47 EST 2021

Hi all,

I wanted to ensure that this list was updated as to the ongoing project
plans for radvd.

Reuben contacted me, letting it know that he wanted to retire from
working on radvd, and I have stepped up to help with the project, helped
by Neustradamus.

I'll duplicate here what I wrote into a pinned GitHub issue
(https://github.com/radvd-project/radvd/issues/140), that's intended to
welcome new contributors:
-----

Welcome! The radvd project would like to have more regular contributors
and reviewers present to encourage the long-term health of the project.
This includes all persons who package radvd on various distributions.

Current maintainers:
Robin H. Johnson @robbat2 - past Gentoo maintainer for radvd
@Neustradamus

Open invitations:
@prometheanfire - Matthew Thode, Gentoo maintainer - ACCEPTED
@stappersg - Geert Stappers, Debian maintainer - PENDING
@mpontillo - Mike Pontillo, DigitalOcean - ACCEPTED

The development model of radvd will ideally continue in such a way that
EVERY change is reviewed by multiple people, regardless of authorship,
leadership in the radvd-project organization should NOT exempt anybody
from having their code reviewed. Caveats apply if private reviews are
needed for potential security issues in future.
-----

I'd like to extend a thanks to  @prometheanfire & @mpontillo, when I
reached out via my existing working relationships, as capable reviewers
for new contributions to radvd.

I also understand that some contributors may have impediments to using
GitHub: be they geopolitical, ethical, moral, or philosophical.

To that end, the GitHub issue being pinned does NOT mean that all
contributions must be via GitHub. While contributions via GitHub PR are
significantly easier for reviewing & merging, they will continue to be
accepted via this mailing list and direct emails.

An off-GitHub reposistory will also be maintained, so that no
interaction with GitHub is required.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
E-Mail   : robbat2 at gentoo.org
GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136