[spook-l] New option in configure file

Vladimir Lasky Vladimir.Lasky at eng.uts.edu.au
Wed Jan 4 20:36:30 EST 2006

Quoting Mischung <mischung at surfeu.de>:

> I have problems adding a new option to the spook configure file.

> There's a little students project I'm working on and we try to change the
> resolution of the stream spook creates by using an option in the config
> file. The video comes from a firewire camera IIDC. Even if there is more
> than one camera all should have the same resolution in the end.

At the moment, the resolution is hardcoded in the source to 320x240 for Firewire
IIDC devices.

The only way to use a different resolution is to change the dc1394 video mode
settings in the source, but only specific resolutions and framerates supported
by your camera will work.

I should note that in my own experiments, I only got my Apple iSight working at
640x480 at 15 frames per second. In theory, it should work at 30, but I get an
error message from libdc1394 complaining about a DMA error and then I have to
power cycle my system to get the cameras to work again!

Regards, Vlad.

--
UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.  If