[spook-l] Using spook with an hardware encoder

Marco Buffa marcobuffa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 06:38:00 EST 2006

On 11/29/06, Nathan Lutchansky <lutchann at litech.org> wrote:
> Which driver are you using?  For that matter, whose board design are you
> using?
The board and the driver (v4l, not v4l2) are self-made: we are
building a two-channel linux-based mpeg4 videocamera. The CPU is an
Intel IXP425 and the compressors are two wischip go7007 on the
expansion bus.

I suspect I need a v4l2 driver to handle MPEG4 ES with spook, it's correct?

I succeded in using spook with an usb demo webcam (with go7007 v4l2
driver) from plextor, so I suppose spook can handle MPEG4 ES coming
from wischip compressor, but... it's possible with a v4l driver?

Thank you.
--
Marco Buffa

Laboratorio di elettronica digitale
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione
Politecnico di Milano (Italy)