[spook-l] Using spook with an hardware encoder

Marco Buffa marcobuffa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 10:07:15 EST 2006

On 11/30/06, Nathan Lutchansky <lutchann at litech.org> wrote:
> Are you using
> the HPI interface or the USB1.1 device mode?
We are using HPI interface, connected on the expansion bus fo the
Intel through a Xilinx FPGA (XC3S500E).

> V4L2 would be a more "standard" way to provide this interface, which is
> what is implemented in the open-source GO7007 Linux driver. There is
> not really a standard API for using hardware video compression with V4L,
> although since the driver is your design it shouldn't be difficult to
> modify Spook to work with whatever API you've created.
My collaborator, who wrote the driver, yesterday worked in order to
migrate the driver to V4L2 and today finished him work :-)

Spook is correctly streaming the first channel through our LAN :-)
Now, let's work for the second channel...

Thank you very much for the fast help.
--
Marco Buffa

Laboratorio di elettronica digitale
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Informazione
Politecnico di Milano (Italy)