[spook-l] spook for UDP streaming

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Mon Mar 26 08:28:54 EST 2007

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Marco Buffa wrote:

> I noticed that after the initial rtsp negotation, which is perfomed by
> TCP connection, spook starts to send only UDP (unidirectional)
> traffic, so I suppose that modifying spook to bypass the negotiation
> (with fixed-IP client) I could achieve a pure-UDP transmission.

It should be, but unfortunately there's no easy way to do that...  If
you're able to hack around in the code, you can change the second and
third arguments in the call to connect_udp_endpoint in
rtsp.c:rtsp_udp_setup() so that it connects the outbound UDP socket to a
different IP address and port than what is specified by the RTSP
connection.  Then you can use an RTSP client on the Spook system to
initiate a connection and start the stream, which will be directed to the
new destination you hard-coded.  -Nathan